Saturday 4 April 2015

Chicken Curry

My Favourite Food <(^-^)>

Chicken Curry

 
Chicken curry is a common delicacy in South Asia, Southeast Asia, as well as in the Caribbean (where it is usually referred to as "curry chicken").

 
 A typical South Asian curry consists of chicken stewed in an onion and tomato-based sauce, flavoured with ginger, garlic, chili peppers and a variety of spices, often including turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom and so on.

 
 Outside South Asia, chicken curry is often made with a pre-made spice mixture known as curry powder.


Whenever I feel that I need to warm up, I make dishes that warms up my body, for examples: soups, stews, one-pot meals such as Japanese hot pot,  and curries.

 
 I especially love curries because they are so easy to make and I can just make a big pot and eat the whole day and I might still have some leftover the next day, which taste even better as the flavors develop overnight.

 
 Karē-Raisu
 Curries are so delicious, great with steamed rice, and heats up my body right away. Plus the smell of curries wafting through the kitchen is enough to set my stomach rumbling, and my mouth watering.


There are countless ways of making chicken curries and there are various recipes: devil’s curry, chicken curry kapitan, Nyonya-style chicken curry, etc.

 
 My family often make the Nyonya-style chicken curry which is very easy to make but we used instant Nyonya-style chicken curry paste with other easy-to-find ingredients.
 -Kaito




No comments:

Post a Comment